Friday, May 06, 2005

Rain, rain go away.....
well, it rained most of yesterday while at DeLeon Springs. The kids that came were driven from the waters by a rainstorm that lasted most of the afternoon. From the water to the resturant and lunch and still it rained......so they loaded them up and took them back to school before they ever had a chance to come to the visitor center.

Fortunately for me, friend Carol stopped by and we chatted for a good couple of hours or maybe more. I wasn't watching the clock. We did have some nice hardy souls that visited which added a little spice to the day. Carol had come by to bring me another fleece...I'd had two previously from her daughter pets.

When I got home last night the phone service was out....blame the rain. Anyway it was cold (barely over 60) and still damp this morning so I decided to skip the big Barberville yard sale, and besides that I really did want to be around for the phone people.
So.......I did this instead.
The "Fleece". I should have laid it on a different sheet so that there was some contrast in color. As you see it just about covered the Queen sized sheet. And yes I was doing this in the house...amazingly the fleece didn't smell but I lit candles anyway. Oh and yes....DH was going to be gone all day hehe!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had bought a few yards of (on sale) voile just for this purpose. I didn't do a lot of prep', just separated the lock a little and laid them on the voile.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then I folded the locks in the voile and fastened with clothes pins.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They then took a nice warm bath with Woolite. The water became coffee colored within a couple of minutes, but I left the 3 "packages" soaking for about 20 minutes while I rolled more.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then they got a gentle rinse and a quick spin in the washer.........and......
Ta Da........

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The whole fleece is clean enough to spin/dye or whatever and is now unwrapped from the 16 voile envelopes and tucked inside two old duvet covers to dry.

I'm especially pleased as to how this feels, it's very soft and although Florida wool is shunned by many, I'm finding it very nice. I especially appreciate those that give me the wool and it won't ever be wasted with me. I've another fleece waiting in the wings that Virgil got for me. It is huge and very clean so thought it could wait a bit longer. The last fleece became my Mola Poncho ...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've no idea as to what comes next...but it will be fun.

Oh Rebecca update: I just have the sleeves to do and then the finishing...I think I'm going to like the style.

No comments: