Monday, June 20, 2005

Where does the time go? It's gone somewhere! And another week passed without my noticing. I have been knitting...mostly charity items, including the Double K7 Headband thanks to Chris, I'll take pictures when I find one of those missing hours. Amongst the charity stuff is a pair of lacy wristers for which I have written the pattern. I'll post both the pattern and picture very soon. The wristers are long, from knuckles to near the elbow but can easily be made shorter. They are knit flat and in one piece, with only the opening for the thumb needing a row of single crochet worked around it's edge to finish, and you could actually skip that which means you only have to sew in a couple of ends. Absolutely no seams to finish. I'm going to make more since a pair can easily be made in a afternoon. Also I've finished another easy Purly Gurly shawl, see Free pattern.

That is the good news.......the bad news is that dispite avoiding close contact with hubby and friends who have had this nasty "flu bug" and swearing I wouldn't get "it"..............well, I've got "it"! I pampered hubby (from what I thought to be a reasonably safe distance) fixing light tasty treats and frozen desserts, now he's well enough to get back to work and I'm alone in my misery. Actually I do prefer to be alone when feeling like this...I don't have to put on a brave or happy face. However, I really need to go up to Jacksonville tomorrow so hoping this is a one day wonder bug that will leave me sometime in the night. Please send bug killing thoughts my way.

I'm also going to miss seeing Carolyn and hearing about her weeks retreat with Lynne Vogel. We had made plans for a get together this coming Friday so that she could show and tell me all her new knowledge of spinning and dyeing. That will now have to wait for another day.

Time to swallow some more bug killer....catch up with you later.

No comments: