Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Stash, Flash and Cash.

Have you noticed how "life" happens when you are having fun? Somewhere in the last couple of weeks I've experienced a lot of "life".....guess that's good! But it sure swallowed up a lot of blogging time.

Today was enjoyable, I got a surprise call from friend Cindy to meet her at DeLeon Springs for lunch. That required zero persuasion as it was a the most beautiful of Florida days. I was also able to deliver her the remaining three skeins of two pounds of hand spunFalkland that she'd bought from me on Saturday at the DeBary Hall demo'. Thank you Cindy for helping support my fiber habit.

Saturday at DeBary Hall was really great. There was only about eight of us but we were able to set up the "Great Room" and enjoyed visiting with one another and the "tourists".

The "Voices of the Wind" bag has received it's final touches. My hubby had made the buttons from elk antler found in Montana....the bone beads were purchased. The cotton ribbon used for the edging and fringe was recycled from a long ago sleeveless top. Also recycled, was the lining, made from a silk shirt that never did fit well (and happened to be the same color as the ribbon. I used the two fronts which gave me ready made pockets and then I doubled it to provide two more compartments. The qualifies me for the ReKal button. Those that know me are well aware of my resourcefullness with available materials and do manage to find many that I need.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
***
I'm "Flashing My Stash" even though I'm not part of that ring. This is just some of the glitzy, glamour, shimmer and shine yarns that were easy to get at. Since I'm now creating my own yarns and getting it on with the "Natural Fiber" crowd, I really needed to embark on a massive Stash Busting week. Most of this stash is from more than a decade ago...and was purchased at the time when knitting had hit rock bottom in popularity, (replaced by the disgusting puffy paint and plastic canvas "instant gratification" crafts), and many "Local Yarn Shops" were going out of business. I really didn't think I'd live long enough to see a revival of novelty yarns but sure glad I did.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So without attempting to get creative other than mixing colors and textures I'm knitting "Frou frou, flashy scarves". I've been thinking of all the written work for TKGA program I must do if I'm to meet my June 15th deadline. I really don't need to do any brain-straining knitting for a time. Here's 19 of the 25 I've now finished.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

***

I won't be gone so long this time....I missed you!

No comments: