Monday, May 02, 2005

Opera anyone?

I must admit to never having been to an opera but this is what I'd want to wear should I get the chance, although I suppose jeans are now the norm'. Come to think of it black jeans would work.

Anyhoo.....I finally got bored to death with the boa/scarf marathon after a final count of 56. Incredible as it seems I haven't made a dent in my stash. To relieve my boredom I threw this together. A mix of vintage yarns...."Shimmer" by Hayfield and "Lane Fiorentine" by Unger. The openwork shoulders worked using just the later. The 3 row sequence of st.st. and rev.st.st. lower portion using both yarns and making it heavy enough to drape nicely and show off what should be bare shoulders through the openwork.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Let me know if you want to know "how to" while it's still in my head!
***
There is a new KAL in my life. Actually I haven't signed up for it yet but I'm well under way with "Rebecca #29) (seeing Tracy's was the inspiration). The soft yarn I had planned to use was way too thin and the pattern way too complex (quite a bit of shaping) for me to change considering the current state of my grey matter. However a still sealed bag of vintage Bucilla Linora (56% Acrylic - 29% Rayon -15% Linen) called to me and it swatched (Yes, I swatched) to perfection. It will be "sans" eyelets as the lumps in the yarn skewed the size of the holes and the irregularity of it wasn't pretty. I'm quite optimistic though and even excited that this will turn out well, and suit me and the Florida summer....which has now arrived.
Stay tuned...pictures to follow.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I have a pattern from my mother's closet that I would love to use but it calls for Bucilla Linora yarn (50 gr - 1 3/4oz). I saw your blog and wondered if you have any other information and if you had used your yarn. . . any comments would be appreciated.
gwest1955

Anonymous said...

I do have some Bucilla Linora for sale, pictured on my flickr page:
http://www.flickr. com/photos/ knitntravel/ sets/72157622072 290295/

If you're interested, let me know, tho I know this reply is late -- just found your request
Marie
lovenyarn.yahoo.com