Tuesday, July 12, 2005

AWOL

Sorry, but I've been surfing blogland again. And yes, watching the TV and coverage of the murderous Islamic terrorist attack in London long enough to get mad and wishing for a way to stop them. It didn't take but a day for me to be sickened of the rhetoric and replays and so with prayer said, phone calls made to make sure family and friends "over there" were safe I turned off the TV and picked up my knitting. Stay tuned for details of photo's later this week.

But back to surfing...
Every one of my favorite bloggers have been busy doing such incredible things with fiber I have been too caught up with their activities to talk about my own. Oh and in case you haven't noticed my list of "favorite reading" changes from time to time depending on what I happen to find "impressive" at that moment. Absent from my list are some of the most famous Knit bloggers who's links can be found anywhere in blogland. I just hate to do the "crowd" thing.

To quickly cover my highlights over the last two weeks.
I actually met Chris! This was during her visit to Daytona for the Pepsi 400. Rain couldn't keep me away from meeting a fellow technique addict......oh did we(I) talk.

Carolyn is dyeing and wowee did she ever learn to dye, seeing is believing. She is showing a some of what she learned after taking a week long class with Lynn Vogel, I should have gone too but couldn't. But that's OK I get to spend a couple of days with her next week........aren't I the luckiest!!!

If you think you are a crocheter then see this at Snail Spirals Be sure you track back to see the start of this heirloom made from sewing thread.

While surfing I lucked out and ended up here and found this nifty way to work I-Cord directly onto your edges as you knit. I've already put it into practice (pictures to follow) as I've just knit what will hopefully felt up into a nice knitting bag. I made the handle using this technique. I'd just bet a visit to "String or Nothing" will reap a wealth of information to help you too.

My sewing machine (boy do I need a new one) got another workout. A new Pioneer dress and Mop hat were in order as I am teaching kids "about" spinning during the summer program at the Pioneer Settlement for the Arts. Sewing is no longer something that I list as a pleasure, maybe my old sewing machine is partly to blame but maybe not. The two full days it took to complete this outfit were miserable. I'd decided to use some less than choice fabric to test the pattern (it does take almost 7 yds). It was worthwhile to do this as the pattern was horrible or maybe it was the fault of my body. Anyway it had to "do". So Friday was my debut, the kids were great even though ages ranged from kindergarten to 5th grade, all were well behaved during the 15 minutes I had each group (about 25 in each).

Must get back to bed for another couple of hours sleep. I'm off to Jacksonville today to meet a knit friend for lunch. Then another visit to my audiologist. Seeing may be believing but I have to hear it first.

Ya'll come back now, ya' hear

No comments: